Share

March 9,2013 12:12 AM

By: Dolly Yasa

BACOLOD City – The station manager of the Radyo Natin 105.3 FM in Hinoba-an town hit Mayor Ma. Teresa Bilbao for padlocking the station and called media groups to help fight modern day oppressors.

In a press conference held at the Negros Press Club office here, station manager Segundino Taladico said the shutdown of their station was allegedly done sans due process and was a clear repression  of the freedom of the press.

Taladico said Radyo Natin was padlocked per instruction from Bilbao last March 1, 2013. It was implemented while he was out of town.

Based on reports, Bilbao said the radio station it has no mayor’s permit since 2010 which Taladico denied.

“We have been silent since Radyo Natin closure last March 1. We allowed time for the Mayor to sign and eventually grant our application for mayor’s permit which had been pending on her desk since January this year,” Taladico said.

He added: “We pretended not to hear the falsehood she had been saying.”

Taladico said it is not correct that Radyo Natin Hinoba-an does not have a permit since 2010. He showed  Official Receipt No. 4155316 dated February 16, 2012 showing Airwaves Advertising, which manages  RNH, paid P1,000 for its mayor’s permit and P123.75 for surcharges.

Another receipt dated February 16, 2012 showed Radyo Natin has settled its police clearance, zoning fees, medical/sanitary charges, occupancy/electrical and realty tax.

“We are currently working on our renewal of our mayor’s permit as early as January. Since the mayor had been saying Radyo Natin is without a permit, she should summon her own municipal treasurer Silverio Tuble who issued RNH a February 20, 2012 certification saying that the station has paid its 2012 Business Permit to Operate,” Taladico said.

 

interval banner